Summary: The Senior Controls Engineer is responsible for applying acquired technical skills and project experience to the execution of the controls/electrical engineering portion of all Company projects. The Senior Controls Engineer will work as a member of a project team, applying his/her engineering and project management skills to ensure accuracy and adherence to departmental standards, project schedules, prescribed resource limits and client requirements in the following areas: Electrical controls design and field installation/start-up.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering preferred.
• Experience in controls design and project engineering in the material handling industry is preferred.
• PLC Programming experience, preferably in Allen Bradley ControlLogix, PLC 5, and SLC 500 series PLCs
• Project management skills.
• Can work independently and as part of a team
• Organizational skills.
• Ability to travel 50%
• Understand electrical controls descriptions and device layouts for initial internal review and subsequent customer approval.
• Understand electrical drawings in coordination with electrical engineer per design specifications.
• Review controls drawings and programs with controls engineering manager for correctness and operational intent.
• Code PLC programs and prepare documentation based on project design specifications.
• Internal testing with software engineering on system integration details.
• Field start-up on PLC-controlled projects; support software engineering on start-ups.
• Maintain up-to-date files of all relevant paperwork on projects.
• Consult with controls engineers and project managers to ensure proper coordination and adherence to schedules in mechanical installation, electrical installation and field start-up.
• Attend to service calls in the field when required.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|